Mill Creek Point
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Pets: 0
About this listing
-- THE CABIN --
Master Suite: King Bed and Queen Bed (1st floor) | Living Room: Sleeper Sofa (1st floor) | Bedroom 2: King Bed (2nd floor) | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed, 2 Twin Beds, 2 Twin Trundle Bed (2nd floor)
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
Mill Creek Point is a deluxe mountain home situated on 45-acres of private land, abutting 1,200 acres of US Forest Service Land! 1 Mile of Private trails are available for exploring with your guests!
On the main level, the large, open floor plan allows easy access to the living room, kitchen, and dining area. Vaulted ceilings open up space even more, allowing you to move freely from room to room.
Geothermal heating and air conditioning is provided, in addition to hot water. Kick back and watch television or gather your friends and family and play one of the many games provided! In the colder months, curl up next to the fire and relax, read a book, or take in the beautiful scenery and wildlife.
Cooking in the cabin will be a breeze! This custom kitchen includes a copper farmhouse sink and premium furnishings. All you'll need to bring with you is your food and beverage of choice!
-- THE AREA --
While you’ll love relaxing at this cozy mountain cabin, you may want to venture out and take advantage of this home’s amazing location.
The famous Nada Tunnel is just a short drive away from the property, so be sure to head that way for countless hiking trails, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sight-seeing, bird-watching and numerous opportunities for photography!
Drive through to see the Red River, countless varieties of trees, flowers, plants, and outcroppings of rocks – or stop to hike or catch sight of deer, turkeys and other wildlife. For a memorable experience, hike to the famous swinging bridge over the Red River, located upriver from the Jump Rock and Swimming Hole.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park features the Natural Bridge, a million-years-old sandstone arch, which is accessible by hiking up and down the huge mountain or by taking a slow, easy ride on the sky lift. Additionally, at the Hemlock Lodge at Natural Bridge, there is an enormous outdoor pool, kiddie pool and picnic area that everyone is sure to enjoy from Memorial Day to Labor Day. For water activities, like fishing, kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddle boarding, make your way to nearby Mill Creek Lake.
See the mountains from a whole new perspective when you go zip lining over the treetops for a challenging thrill in Cliffview, or drive through the Gorge to the family-friendly zip line spot in Frenchburg, where everyone from kids to grandpa can have a ball!
If you’re looking for even more thrills, visit Southeast Mountain Guides for world-famous rock climbing and rappelling! Both offer lessons and guided climbs.
Kids will love the Reptile Zoo! How about kayaking through the 100-year-old limestone cave or a game of putt-putt golf that kids and even the grandparents will enjoy?
If you love horseback riding, Whispering Valley Riding Trails are just 20 minutes away in Beattyville, where you will see waterfalls, ponds, rock outcroppings as you ride under the canopy of trees. The views are sure to be amazing!
Great restaurants are also nearby! Be sure to check out Miguel’s Pizza, a classic restaurant that has been around for 30 years, Red River Rockhouse, a newer restaurant owned by young rock climbers, and Sky Bridge Station, which features gourmet hot dogs and beer on tap.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, hot tub, gas grill, expansive covered deck w/ outdoor furniture, and more
- Fresh linens and towels, paper goods and basic supplies, and much more. All you'll need to bring is food, spices, and the beverage of your choice!
- Secluded Red River Gorge location - Close to hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, zip lines, sight-seeing, restaurants, and much more
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Please Note: a car is required and 4-wheel drive is recommended
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if you have an unexpected change of plans. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day!
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|First Floor Master Bedroom|| || |
|Second Floor Bedroom||1 King Bed|| |
|Second Floor Bedroom|| || ||2nd floor bedroom 2: 1 queen bed, 2 twin beds, 2 twin trundle bed; Living room: 1 full sofa bed.|
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate (Sun-Thu)||Nightly Rate (Fri-Sat)||Weekly Rate|