- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pets: 0
About this listing
-- THE CABIN --
Bedroom 1 (Upstairs): King Bed | Bedroom 2 (Downstairs): Queen Bed | Loft: Twin Bed
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
As you walk in, you'll marvel at the all-cedar walls and vaulted ceilings in the open living area. Gather around the gas-burning fireplace on the 2 plush couches in the living room and turn your favorite movie on the flat-screen satellite TV.
Cooking at the cabin will be easy and convenient in the fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances. Serve up a savory meal at the wood dining table with seating for 4 and beautiful views of the trees outside.
When you're not outside exploring the area, head to the loft and rack 'em up for a game of pool or step out to the balcony and grab some fresh air on the porch swing and rocking chairs to take in the view. Head to the lower porch for a corn hole game, sit back in the outdoor chairs, or rejuvenate your muscles in the hot tub.
After a full day of outdoor fun, retreat to one of the bedrooms for a soothing night's sleep. Spread out on the king-sized bed in the upstairs bedroom with flat-screen TV or climb under the covers of the queen-sized bed in the downstairs bedroom. There is additional sleeping in the loft with a twin-sized bed set in the wall.
-- THE AREA --
The property is located in the higher portion of the mountain offering supreme privacy during your stay and fabulous mountain views. A 4-wheel drive is highly recommended. You can hike right in the private development, where you will stumble upon old stone chimneys from houses a century old!
Just 10 minutes away from the cabin is the famous Nada Tunnel entrance to the Red River Gorge and countless hiking trails, fishing, kayaking, swimming, rock climbing, and bird-watching opportunities.
Take a scenic drive to see the Red River with numerous varieties of trees, flowers, and outcroppings of rocks. During your drive, keep an eye out for deer, turkeys, and other wildlife in the area. Make your way across the swinging bridge which stretches over the Red River for a truly memorable experience.
Experience history when you visit Natural Bridge State Resort Park featuring a million-year-old sandstone arch that is accessible via hiking up and down the mountain or taking the sky lift. The Hemlock Lodge offers a gigantic outdoor pool, kiddie pool, and picnic area during the summer. Get out on the water and enjoy canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and stand up paddle boarding on nearby Mill Creek Lake.
Soar through the mountains on a thrilling zip line ride in Cliffview or take a short drive through the Gorge to Frenchburg for a family-friendly zip line ride for all ages. Southeast Mountain Guides offer world-class rock climbing and rappelling, lessons, and guided climbs.
Grab the kids and take them to Thrillsville in nearby Slade which features kayaking through a 100-year-old limestone cave, miniature golf, and more. While you're in the area, stop by the Reptile Zoo for a unique experience.
Whispering Valley Riding Trails are just 35-minutes away and offer horseback riding through the forest and views of waterfalls, ponds, rock outcroppings, and more.
Satisfy your hunger at Miguel's Pizza, Red River Rockhouse, or Sky Bridge Station all offering delicious food and drinks.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, gas-burning fireplace, pool table, private hot tub, 2 flat-screen satellite TVs, fire pit, charcoal grill, expansive covered deck w/ outdoor furniture, and more
- Fresh linens and towels, paper goods and basic supplies, and much more. All you'll need to bring is food, spices, and the beverage of your choice!
- Secluded Red River Gorge location - Close to hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, zip lines, sight-seeing, restaurants, and much more
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Please Note: a car is required and 4-wheel drive is recommended
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if you have an unexpected change of plans. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day!
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Bedroom 1||King Bed|| |
|Bedroom 2||Queen|| |
|Bedroom 3||Twin Bed in Loft|| |
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|