- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pets: 0
About this listing
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Suite: King Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
When you walk up to the "Brookside Cabin," you’ll be drawn to the rustic covered porch where you can sit on a quaint rocking chair and listen to the babbling brook. This 1,600-square-foot cabin will immediately feel like home with its solid pine wood interior, vaulted ceilings, and spacious floor plan.
The cozy living room has a dormer window that allows the sun to naturally light up the space. Relax on the plush leather furniture and warm up by the gas fireplace while viewing the flat-screen cable TV and enjoying surround sound.
Open to the living room, the fully equipped, modern kitchen will make your vacation meals a breeze. Whip up your favorite recipes and enjoy them at the dining area, which includes an inviting wooden table that comfortably sits 4 to 6 with beautiful views of the stunning surroundings.
A sliding door leads to the private deck and lovely stone-edged garden. Relish in the over-sized hot tub while enjoying the soothing jets and sound of the brook as your companions barbecue on the outdoor grills.
When your eyelids start to get heavy, choose between any of the 3 spacious bedrooms. The elegant master suite with a king bed, flat-screen cable TV, and private, corner Jacuzzi is the perfect place to take your relaxation further. The loft is a beautifully decorated room with 2 twin beds, perfect for kids or a couple. The next sleeping chamber features a queen bed with a view of a red maple and dogwood tree.
This beautiful cabin is situated in the lower portion of a mountain area, surrounded by a variety of trees for ultimate privacy. From the cabin, you’ll be able to see and hear a creek flowing down from the higher part of the mountains, past the cabin and into the south fork of the Red River. With so much tranquility surrounding this home, you’re sure to feel rejuvenated by the end of your vacation.
-- THE LOCATION --
While you’ll love relaxing at the cozy mountain cabin, you’ll still want to venture out and take advantage of this home’s amazing location. Endless hiking and rock climbing opportunities can be found in the surrounding area.
The famous Nada Tunnel entrance to the Red River Gorge is just 10 minutes away from the property, so be sure to head that way for countless hiking trails, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sight-seeing, bird-watching and numerous opportunities for photography!
Drive through to see the Red River, countless varieties of trees, flowers, plants, and outcroppings of rocks – or stop to hike or catch sight of deer, turkeys, and other wildlife. For a memorable experience, hike to the famous swinging bridge over the Red River, located upriver from the Jump Rock and Swimming Hole.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park features the Natural Bridge, a million-years-old sandstone arch, which is accessible by hiking up and down the huge mountain or by taking a slow, easy ride on the sky lift. Additionally, at the Hemlock Lodge at Natural Bridge, there is an enormous outdoor pool, kiddie pool and picnic area that everyone is sure to enjoy from Memorial Day to Labor Day. For water activities, like fishing, kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddleboarding, make your way to nearby Mill Creek Lake.
See the mountains from a whole new perspective when you go zip lining over the treetops for a challenging thrill in Cliffview, or drive through the Gorge to the family-friendly zip line spot in Frenchburg, where everyone from kids to grandpa can have a ball!
If you’re looking for even more thrills, visit Southeast Mountain Guides for world-famous rock climbing and rappelling! Both offer lessons and guided climbs.
Kids will love the Reptile Zoo, while teenagers will jump on the opportunity to visit the Thrillsville in nearby Slade and go kayaking through the 100-year-old limestone cave or enjoy the putt-putt golf that kids and even the grandparents will enjoy.
If you love horseback riding, Whispering Valley Riding Trails are just 35 minutes away in Beattyville, where you will see waterfalls, ponds, rock outcroppings as you ride under the canopy of trees. The views are sure to be amazing!
Great restaurants are also nearby! Be sure to check out Miguel’s Pizza, a classic restaurant that has been around for 30 years, Red River Rockhouse, a newer restaurant owned by young rock climbers, Hop's Fork, a local eatery that caters to beer-lovers and vegetarians and Sky Bridge Station, which features gourmet hot dogs and beer on tap.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, gas-burning fireplace, pool table, private hot tub, 2 flat-screen satellite TVs, fire pit, charcoal grill, expansive covered deck w/ outdoor furniture, and more
- Fresh linens and towels, paper goods and basic supplies, and much more. All you'll need to bring is food, spices, and the beverage of your choice!
- Secluded Red River Gorge location - Close to hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, zip lines, sight-seeing, restaurants, and much more
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Please Note: a car is required and 4-wheel drive is recommended
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: these cabins, while deluxe accommodations are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay.
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Bedroom 1||KIng Bed|| |
|Bedroom 2||Twin Bed (2)|| |
|Bedroom 3||Queen Bed|| |
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|