- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pets: 0
About this listing
*Note - Gas fireplaces will not be active from April-September
-- THE CABIN --
*NOTE: Your safety matters. An exterior security camera is located at the front door, facing out towards the entrance. The camera does not look into any interior spaces*
Master Suite: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Downstairs Rec Room: Twin Daybed, Twin Trundle
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
‘Lakewood’ is a deluxe mountain home, custom-designed and made of cedar and stone. Situated on a 300-acre private development, this cabin offers a secluded setting overlooking a babbling brook and a catch-and-release pond.
The fisherman theme and decor, antique pool table and the upper deck with a stone wood-burning fireplace make this home an all-time guest favorite.
On the main level, the large, open floor plan combines the living room, kitchen, and dining area. Vaulted ceilings open up space, even more, allowing you to move freely from room to room while chatting with your travel companions.
Two queen beds and a full bathroom featuring a Jacuzzi tub inset in a bay window, plus a separate shower are also on the main level for your convenience.
A stone gas fireplace, comfy couches, a large flat-screen cable TV and DVD player make the living area the perfect spot to lounge around during your downtime. While you’re relaxing, the chef of the group can prepare a delicious meal in the fully equipped kitchen and serve it in one quick swoop at the dining table.
Downstairs, the rec room has another gas fireplace, full-sized antique pool table, wet bar and a huge flat-screen TV for your entertainment. The rec room opens up onto the patio, where there is an outdoor hot tub.
A huge laundry room with ironing board and iron is also located downstairs, along with the master suite and full bathroom with shower.
Back upstairs, you’re sure to love the huge, covered deck with patio table and chairs, a gas grill, porch swing, and a wood-burning stone fireplace. Here, you can relax next to the fire, be lulled by the soothing sound of the creek below, and sip your favorite beverage while keeping your eyes peeled for woodpeckers, wild turkeys, deer, chipmunks, a resident owl, and a variety of birds among the trees and plants.
After each adventurous day, you’ll look forward to retreating to one of the 3 private bedrooms for a good night’s rest. The master bedroom features a king-sized bed, while the other 2 bedrooms offer queen-sized beds. Additional sleeping is available on the daybed with a twin-sized trundle bed in the downstairs rec room.
-- THE AREA --
This beautiful cabin is situated in the lower portion of a mountain area, surrounded by a variety of trees for ultimate privacy. From the cabin, you’ll be able to see a creek flowing down from the higher part of the mountains, past the cabin and into a catch-and-release pond with a dock. Endless hiking and rock climbing opportunities can be found in the surrounding area. With so much tranquility surrounding this home, you’re sure to feel rejuvenated by the end of your vacation.
While you’ll love relaxing at the cozy mountain cabin, you’ll still want to venture out and take advantage of this home’s amazing location.
The famous Nada Tunnel entrance to the Red River Gorge is just 10 minutes away from the property, so be sure to head that way for countless hiking trails, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sight-seeing, bird-watching and numerous opportunities for photography!
Drive through to see the Red River, countless varieties of trees, flowers, plants, and outcroppings of rocks – or stop to hike or catch sight of deer, turkeys and other wildlife. For a memorable experience, hike to the famous swinging bridge over the Red River, located upriver from the Jump Rock and Swimming Hole.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park features the Natural Bridge, a million-years-old sandstone arch, which is accessible by hiking up and down the huge mountain or by taking a slow, easy ride on the sky lift. Additionally, at the Hemlock Lodge at Natural Bridge, there is an enormous outdoor pool, kiddie pool and picnic area that everyone is sure to enjoy from Memorial Day to Labor Day. For water activities, like fishing, kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddleboarding, make your way to nearby Mill Creek Lake.
See the mountains from a whole new perspective when you go zip lining over the treetops for a challenging thrill in Cliffview, or drive through the Gorge to the family-friendly zip line spot in Frenchburg, where everyone from kids to grandpa can have a ball!
If you’re looking for even more thrills, visit Southeast Mountain Guides for world-famous rock climbing and rappelling! Both offer lessons and guided climbs.
Kids will love the Reptile Zoo, while teenagers will jump on the opportunity to visit the Thrillsville obstacle course in nearby Slade. New to Thrillsville in 2017 is kayaking through the 100-year-old limestone cave and putt-putt golf that kids and even the grandparents will enjoy.
If you love horseback riding, Whispering Valley Riding Trails are just 35 minutes away in Beattyville, where you will see waterfalls, ponds, rock outcroppings as you ride under the canopy of trees. The views are sure to be amazing!
Great restaurants are also nearby! Be sure to check out Miguel’s Pizza, a classic restaurant that has been around for 30 years, Red River Rockhouse, a newer restaurant owned by young rock climbers, and Sky Bridge Station, which features gourmet hot dogs and beer on tap.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, gas-burning fireplace, pool table, private hot tub, 2 flat-screen satellite TVs, fire pit, charcoal grill, expansive covered deck w/ outdoor furniture, and more
- Fresh linens and towels, paper goods and basic supplies, and much more. All you'll need to bring is food, spices, and the beverage of your choice!
- Secluded Red River Gorge location - Close to hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, zip lines, sight-seeing, restaurants, and much more
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please Note: a car is required and 4-wheel drive is recommended
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if you have an unexpected change of plans. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day!
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Bedroom 1||King|| |
|Bedroom 2||Queen|| |
|Bedroom 3||Queen|| |
|Bedroom 4||Twin Daybed (2)|| |
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate (Sun-Thu)||Nightly Rate (Fri-Sat)||Weekly Rate|