- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1.5
- Pets: 0
About this listing
*Note - Gas fireplaces will not be active from April-September
-- THE CABIN --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
Greeted by soaring trees and a quaint front porch with rocking chairs, this cabin will quickly feel like home. The authentic wood decor throughout creates the quintessential cabin experience.
The living room features a zesty red leather couch and armchair, a gas fireplace, and a large flat screen cable TV. With vaulted ceilings and natural light pouring in through the large windows, this room feels open and spacious.
For a quiet, romantic dinner at home, gather in the fully equipped kitchen and prepare your favorite recipes using the stainless steel appliances.
When you’re looking to relax outdoors, head to the hot tub on the back deck for further relaxation with beautiful mountain views. The well-manicured backyard is great for numerous activities and includes a fire pit with front row seats to stargazing.
Those sharing the bedroom on the first floor will marvel at the vintage clawfoot bathtub situated in a custom-designed alcove, as well as a plush queen bed. The upstairs bedroom has a beautifully decorated quilt with a stunning view of the lush landscape surrounding the property. New mattresses as of 10/20!
-- THE AREA --
This beautiful cabin is situated in the lower portion of a mountain area, surrounded by a variety of trees for ultimate privacy. You can look up at the nearby mountain and endless forest around the cabin. Several hiking and rock climbing opportunities can be found in the surrounding area. With so much tranquility surrounding this home, you're sure to feel rejuvenated by the end of your vacation.
While you'll love relaxing at the cozy mountain cabin, you'll still want to venture out and take advantage of this home's amazing location.
The famous Nada Tunnel entrance to the Red River Gorge is just 10 minutes away from the property, so be sure to head that way for countless hiking trails, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sight-seeing, bird-watching and numerous opportunities for photography!
Drive through to see the Red River, countless varieties of trees, flowers, plants, and outcroppings of rocks – or stop to hike or catch sight of deer, turkeys, and other wildlife. For a memorable experience, hike to the famous swinging bridge over the Red River, located upriver from the Jump Rock and Swimming Hole.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park features the Natural Bridge, a million-years-old sandstone arch, which is accessible by hiking up and down the huge mountain or by taking a slow, easy ride on the sky lift. Additionally, at the Hemlock Lodge at Natural Bridge, there is an enormous outdoor pool, kiddie pool and picnic area that everyone is sure to enjoy from Memorial Day to Labor Day. For water activities, like fishing, kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddleboarding, make your way to nearby Mill Creek Lake.
See the mountains from a whole new perspective when you go zip lining over the treetops for a challenging thrill in Cliffview, or drive through the Gorge to the family-friendly zip line spot in Frenchburg, where everyone from kids to grandpa can have a ball!
If you're looking for even more thrills, visit Southeast Mountain Guides for world-famous rock climbing and rappelling! Both offer lessons and guided climbs.
Kids will love the Reptile Zoo, which offers in-person venom extractions. Stop by Thrillsville to go kayaking through the 100-year-old limestone cave and a putt-putt golf that kids and even the grandparents will enjoy.
If you love horseback riding, Whispering Valley Riding Trails are just 35 minutes away in Beattyville, where you will see waterfalls, ponds, rock outcroppings as you ride under the canopy of trees. The views are sure to be amazing!
Great restaurants are also nearby! Be sure to check out Miguel's Pizza, a classic restaurant that has been around for 30 years, Red River Rockhouse, a newer restaurant owned by young rock climbers, and Sky Bridge Station, which features gourmet hot dogs and beer on tap.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, gas fireplace, free WiFi, flat-screen TV in each room, outdoor fire pit, private hot tub, a porch and a deck, patio furniture, and more
- Fresh linens and towels. We also include essential starter packs to make your stay easier! (Starter packs include: 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 rolls of paper towels, 3 shampoos and conditioners, 3 bar soaps, 3 dishwasher pods, 3 laundry pods, 3 trash bags, and 1 sponge.) You will also need to bring your own firewood.
- Private Stanton location - Enjoy easy access to hiking, biking, rock climbing, horseback riding, zip-lining, Red River Gorge, restaurants, shops, and more
- There is camera surveillance in Birch Hollow: at Brookside, where there are two in the yard on the pole facing opposite directions at incoming/outgoing traffic and one on the porch facing the other two cameras on the pole in the yard, as well as at Sundance, where a camera is mounted on the left side of the porch facing the driveway/barn.
-- POLICIES --
- We recommend reading our Guest Rental Agreement entirely prior to booking. You can view this here.
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed (please contact us about service animals)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Pets Only Allowed at Pet-Friendly Cabins. Pets brought to Pet-friendly Cabins must be paid for in advance or at time of booking. No pets are permitted in or on the Rental Unit, unless the Rental Unit is Pet-Friendly. A Minimum of $350.00 per pet will be charged to the Guest for pets brought to non-pet-friendly cabins or for pets that were not pre-approved. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if you have an unexpected change of plans. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day!
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available