- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pets: 0
About this listing
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds | Loft: Futon
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
Natural light pours into the open living area through a solid wall of windows in this well-lit home. Take a seat on the plush furnishings in the living room which features 2 couches, 2 armchairs, a gas-burning fireplace, and a flat-screen satellite TV.
Open to the living room is the dining area which offers a wood table set for 5 and wonderful views of the trees and mountains. Pull up one of 3 stools at the breakfast bar to watch the group chef cook savory meals in the fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances and direct access to the deck.
Relax your muscles in the hot tub overlooking the treetops on the deck or enjoy your morning coffee at the outdoor table with seating for 4. Work on your tan on the outdoor lounge chairs during the day and when night falls, head to the side of the house and gather around the fire pit.
When you're ready for bed, you'll have your pick of 3 spacious bedrooms to rest your head. Climb under the covers of the queen-sized bed upstairs in the master bedroom with a private balcony. The second bedroom features a queen-sized bed and the third bedroom has 2 twin-sized beds, perfect for kids. The loft offers a comfortable futon for one more person.
-- THE LOCATION --
The property is located in the higher portion of the mountain offering supreme privacy during your stay and fabulous mountain views. A 4-wheel drive is highly recommended. You can hike right in the private development, where you will stumble upon old stone chimneys from houses a century old!
Ten minutes away, you'll find the Nada Tunnel entrance to the Red River Gorge and plenty of hiking trails, swimming, kayaking, fishing, bird-watching, and sight-seeing opportunities.
Drive along the Red River while passing deer, turkeys, trees, flowers, and outcroppings of rocks. Stop to view the amazing arches or cross the swinging bridge over Red River for a unique experience.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park features a million-year-old sandstone arch reachable via a hike up the mountain or a leisurely ride on the sky lift. Take a refreshing swim in the giant outdoor pool at Hemlock Lodge which also offers a kiddie pool and a picnic area. Stop by Mill Creek Lake for canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, and fishing.
A thrilling zip line ride through the trees awaits you when you visit Cliffview or try the family-friendly version in Frenchburg. For the rock climbers of the group, Torrent Falls Climbing Adventure and Kentucky Rock & Adventure Guides offer lessons and guided climbs nearby.
Kayak through a 100-year-old limestone cave, play a round of miniature golf, and more when you check out Thrillsville Obstacle Course in nearby Slade or take the kids to the Reptile Zoo and see all of the scaly animals on display.
Saddle up at Whispering Valley Riding Trails for a unique horseback ride through the canopy forest with views of rock outcroppings, waterfalls, ponds, and more.
During your stay, try out the local restaurants, like Red River Rockhouse, Sky Bridge Station, or Miguel's Pizza all offering savory food.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, a gas-burning fireplace, charcoal grill, hot tub, fire pit, indoor Jacuzzi, a flat-screen satellite TV, a large deck w/ outdoor furniture, and more
- We provide fresh linens and towels, paper goods and basic supplies, and much more! All you'll need to bring is food, seasonings, and your beverage of choice!
- Quiet Red River Gorge location - Close to zip lines, horseback riding, rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, shopping, restaurants, and much more
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please Note: 4-wheel drive is highly recommended. This property is on the highest part of the mountain in Birch Hollow.
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: these cabins, while deluxe accommodations are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. We make every effort to keep the hot tub functioning perfectly, as they are the most-requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area, and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. *
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Master Bedroom||Queen|| |
|Bedroom 2||Queen Bed|| |
|Bedroom 3||Twin (2)|| |
|Bedroom 4||Futon|| |
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|