- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pets: 2
About this listing
*Note - Gas fireplaces will not be active from April-September
-- THE CABIN --
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
Step into the open, lumberjack themed living area which features gorgeous wood walls and rustic decor. Sit back on the sumptuous leather couches in the living room and watch your favorite movie on the flat-screen satellite TV. On cooler nights, the gas-burning stove fills the room with warmth.
Prepare your favorite meal in the fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances and plenty of cabinet space. Open a bottle of wine and reconnect with loved ones at the wood dining table with seating for 4.
Sip your morning coffee at the outdoor table while you listen to the birds chirping all around you. After a full day of outdoor fun, slip into the private hot tub for a peaceful soak under the stars. Roast marshmallows around the fire pit on the side of the cabin or fire up the charcoal grill for a family barbecue.
When you can't keep your eyes open any longer, retreat to either of the 2 bedrooms and fall back on the queen-sized beds for a peaceful night's sleep.
-- THE AREA --
Situated at the higher portion of the mountain, the property offers serene privacy throughout your stay. A 4-wheel drive is highly recommended. You can hike right in the private development, where you will stumble upon old stone chimneys from houses a century old!
The Nada Tunnel entrance to the Red River Gorge is just 10 minutes away and offers ample hiking trails, bird-watching, kayaking, swimming, rock climbing, and fishing opportunities. On your way there, be sure to check out the Red River Gorge Scenic Byway!
A picturesque drive will bring you to Red River where you can cross a swinging bridge for a truly unique experience. During your trip, marvel at the beautiful scenery and wildlife that lines the road.
Have some fun on the water when you visit Mill Creek Lake for kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, and fishing. Bring the family to Hemlock Lodge for a lunch in the picnic area. Visit Natural Bridge State Resort Park for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a million-year-old sandstone arch accessible via a scenic hike or a relaxing ride on the sky lift.
Soar like an eagle through the trees on an exciting zip line ride when you stop by Cliffview. For a more family-friendly zip line ride, visit Frenchburg. Receive rock climbing lessons and guided climbs when you visit Torrent Falls Climbing Adventure or Kentucky Rock & Adventure Guides.
The kids will love seeing the scaly creatures at the Reptile Zoo or you can visit Thrillsville for a round of mini-golf or a chance to kayak through a 100-year-old limestone cave.
Take a horseback ride through the forest with views of ponds, waterfalls, and rocky outcroppings when you visit Whispering Valley Riding Trails nearby.
When your stomach starts to rumble, sit down to a delicious meal at one of the local restaurants, like Sky Bridge Station, Miguel's Pizza, or Red River Rockhouse.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, a flat-screen satellite TV, a charcoal grill, private hot tub, a fire pit, a gas-burning stove, a covered porch with outdoor furniture, and more
- Fresh linens and towels. We also include essential starter packs to make your stay easier! (Starter packs include: 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 rolls of paper towels, 3 shampoos and conditioners, 3 bar soaps, 3 dishwasher pods, 3 laundry pods, 3 trash bags, and 1 sponge.) You will also need to bring your own firewood and charcoal for the grill. Please purchase firewood locally.
- Tranquil Red River Gorge location - close to rock climbing, horseback riding, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, zip lines, fishing, restaurants, sight-seeing, and much more
- There is camera surveillance in Birch Hollow: at Brookside, where there are two in the yard on the pole facing opposite directions at incoming/outgoing traffic and one on the porch facing the other two cameras on the pole in the yard, as well as at Sundance, where a camera is mounted on the left side of the porch facing the driveway/barn.
-- POLICIES --
- We recommend reading our Guest Rental Agreement entirely prior to booking. You can view this here.
- Check-in begins at 4 pm. Check-out is 11 am. Please note that arriving early or departing late will result in additional charges
- No smoking (outside only)
- Dogs permitted with additional $100 fee. (Dogs only; maximum 2 allowed. Dogs need to be crated if left at the property alone.) Please check that you are bringing a pet during booking process for fee to be applied.
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- 4-wheel or all-wheel drive vehicle is highly recommended, cabin is located in the highest portion of a mountain on a gravel road. Limited parking; vehicles exceeding 2 please park at the local park and ride and carpool to the cabin
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Pets Only Allowed at Pet-Friendly Cabins. Pets brought to Pet-friendly Cabins must be paid for in advance or at time of booking. No pets are permitted in or on the Rental Unit, unless the Rental Unit is Pet-Friendly. A Minimum of $350.00 per pet will be charged to the Guest for pets brought to non-pet-friendly cabins or for pets that were not pre-approved. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if your check-in date is greater than 14 days away. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day. Please be aware that no refunds are permitted for cancellations on holiday rates, which includes but is not limited to, New Year’s weekend, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. For a the possibility of a full refund, you will be given the option to purchase renters insurance during the booking process, or you can contact us directly to apply this.
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Bedroom 1||Queen|| |
|Bedroom 2||Queen|| |