Framed by soaring cliffs and beautiful arches, the Red River Gorge swells with tourists who seek great views, endless hiking, and world-class rock climbing. There is so much to discover off the beaten path. With so many trails of unspoiled backcountry, you’re going to have quite the appetite after a day of discovery.
After you enjoy a day of exploring, refuel at these restaurants nestled in the mountains.
- Miguel’s Pizza – A staple for rock climber’s and hikers, Miguel’s offers handmade crust and homemade sauce with up to 45 pizza toppings – all local farm fresh. Check out their gluten-free crust and dairy-free cheese. Not in the mood for pizza? Miguel’s offers pasta, bean, or potato bowls in addition to sandwiches.
- Local’s favorite – We suggest cheese pizza with all the fixin’s, and their French Toast for breakfast is a must try!
- Visit www.miguelspizza.com
- Red River Rockhouse – The Rockhouse specializes in grass-fed burgers, tacos, burritos, kale and spinach salad, and delicious veggie burgers. Wash it down with tap beer, wine, and bourbon.
- Local’s favorite – We suggest the BLT with sweet potato fries!
- Visit www.redriverrockhouse.com
- Skybridge Station – Skybridge is a Cabin-like watering hole offering basic American eats such as hot dogs, quesadillas, and draft beers. If you’re in town on Tuesday evenings, be sure to stop by for Trivia and live music from local bands, and play some darts!
- Local’s favorite – The grazer with chicken quesadilla with a side of housemade guacamole!
- Visit www.skybridgestation.com
- Hop’s Fork -Hop’s Fork is a quaint speak-easy with a great selection of craft beer and tasty food! This unique restaurant made from storage-containers offers a fun, yet, relaxed vibe post-hike or climb.
- Local’s favorite – Try the vegan jackfruit barbecue sandwich!
- Check out Hop’s Fork on Facebook for more info! Search @hopsfork
- Red River Smokehouse – This smokehouse offers Texas-style barbecue in the heart of the Gorge! You definitely won’t be traveling home hungry after this hearty, comfort-food.
- Local’s favorite – We suggest the smokehouse nachos with a side of jalapeno cheddar cornbread muffins!
- Visit www.redriversmokehouse.com