- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pets: 2
About this listing
Grab the family, pack your bags, and head to the serene 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom 'Mountain Spirit', a top-of-the-line cabin located in the gorgeous Daniel Boone National Forest! The 1,000-square-foot log cabin is a nature lover's dream for up to 7 lucky guests who can experience a rustic cabin interior with decor that honors the Native American culture, huge wraparound deck with outdoor dining space, charcoal grill, private hot tub, in-unit laundry facilities, indoor gas fireplace, and outdoor fire pit!
*Note - Gas fireplaces will not be active from April-September
-- THE CABIN --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Living Room: Queen Leather Sleeper Sofa Bed and Twin Sleeper Sofa
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay at the 'Mountain Spirit Cabin,' located just 10 minutes from the entrance to the Red River Gorge!
Start off your days by reading a book at the outdoor table on the deck , which has plenty of seating for 6 guests, or sprawling out on the futon in the living room and checking the weather forecast for your trip on the 55" 4K UHD Smart TV . Guests love how the great room fills with ample amounts of natural sunlight each morning while they sip their coffee.
The property offers guests a fully equipped kitchen with a 4-burner electric stove top, oven, dishwasher, toaster, blender, coffee maker, and microwave that is perfect for trying out new recipes or sticking with your known favorites. Enjoy your feast at the 6-person dining room table as you catch up with your travel companions.
There is no better way to slip into deep relaxation after a long day of hiking than enjoying the hot tub on the deck. Following your hot tub session, head over to the fire pit and create a bonfire for everyone to huddle around.
When you are ready to turn in for the night, retreat to 1 of 2 bedrooms complete with tasteful furnishings, and cloud-like queen mattresses for the ultimate sleeping experience. The comfortable queen leather sleeper sofa in the living room is great for an additional 2 guests, increasing the capacity to 7 guests. Please note, this is a two story home!
-- THE AREA --
Guests flock to the Red River Gorge for its prime location on the outskirts of the Appalachian Mountains. A 4-wheel drive is highly recommended. The mountains are the perfect place for families to introduce children to the joys of nature or for the experienced outdoor enthusiast to sharpen his or her skills on the countless miles of hiking trails. Be sure to check out the Red River Gorge Scenic Byway, just a few minutes away!
15 minutes away, you'll find the Natural Bridge State Resort Park where you can take a leisurely sky lift to the top of the sandstone arch and hike out to Lookout Pointe and Lovers Leap.
There are a few options located within a short driving distance of the cabin if you are hungry for the local cuisine. Sky Bridge Station is a 22-minute drive from the cabin and offers delicious gourmet hot dogs. A healthy local option is Red River Rockhouse which is a 30-minute drive away from the cabin!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, private hot tub, charcoal grill, outdoor fire pit, 55" 4K UHD Smart TV with Direct TV, free WiFi, indoor gas fireplace, patio furniture, steam shower, outdoor dining area, large wraparound deck, DVD player, in-unit washer and dryer, and much more!
- Fresh linens and towels. We also include essential starter packs to make your stay easier! (Starter packs include: 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 rolls of paper towels, 3 shampoos and conditioners, 3 bar soaps, 3 dishwasher pods, 3 laundry pods, 3 trash bags, and 1 sponge.) You will also need to bring your own firewood and charcoal for the grill. Please purchase firewood locally!
- Fantastic Red River Gorge location - 34-minute drive to Stanton, KY, Clark Regional Medical Center, Kroger in Stanton, multiple festivals, rock climbing, zip lining, fishing, paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing, horseback riding, swimming, museums, sky lift, mountain views, various suspension bridges, local restaurants, and cafes!
- There is camera surveillance in Birch Hollow: at Brookside, where there are two in the yard on the pole facing opposite directions at incoming/outgoing traffic and one on the porch facing the other two cameras on the pole in the yard, as well as at Sundance, where a camera is mounted on the left side of the porch facing the driveway/barn.
-- POLICIES --
- Check-in begins at 4 pm. Check-out is 11 am. Please note that arriving early or departing late will result in additional charges
- No smoking (outside only)
- Dogs permitted with additional $100 fee. (Dogs only; maximum 2 allowed. Dogs need to be crated if left at the property alone.) Please check that you are bringing a pet during booking process for fee to be applied.
- 4-wheel or all-wheel drive vehicle is highly recommended, cabin is located in the higher portion of a mountain on a gravel road. Limited parking; vehicles exceeding 2 please park at the local park and ride and carpool to the cabin.
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Pets Only Allowed at Pet-Friendly Cabins. Pets brought to Pet-friendly Cabins must be paid for in advance or at time of booking. No pets are permitted in or on the Rental Unit, unless the Rental Unit is Pet-Friendly. A Minimum of $350.00 per pet will be charged to the Guest for pets brought to non-pet-friendly cabins or for pets that were not pre-approved. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if your check-in date is greater than 14 days away. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day. Please be aware that no refunds are permitted for cancellations on holiday rates, which includes but is not limited to, New Year’s weekend, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. For a the possibility of a full refund, you will be given the option to purchase renters insurance during the booking process, or you can contact us directly to apply this.
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Downstairs Bedroom - 1 Queen Bed||Queen Bed|| |
|Upstairs Bedroom - 1 Queen Bed||Queen Bed|| |
|Living Room - 1 Queen Futon and 1 Twin Sleeper Sofa||Queen Futon|| |