- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pets: 0
About this listing
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bedroom | Lofted Bedroom: King Bed
Enjoy an isolated, wooded escape with the comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns you might have during your stay.
'Wine Cellar' is adorned with vaulted ceilings, wood beams, 6 inlaid wall sconces, and floor-to-ceiling windows, and offers stunning views of the lush and tranquil Daniel Boone National Forest! A 4-wheel drive is highly recommended.
Guests love starting their day in the living room while sitting on one of 2 red leather couches. This area not only has beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows but also boasts a flat-screen cable TV with DVR that is perfect for movie nights after the sun goes down!
When you're not out exploring the outdoors, spend your evenings shooting pool downstairs with your friends and enjoy the comfort of the ventless gas stove. After you settle the billiards score, head out to the outdoor fire pit to finish off the day with delicious campfire s'mores or slip into the private hot tub for ultimate relaxation and an awesome view of the stars.
This beautiful cabin is situated in the highest portion of a mountain area for ultimate privacy. From the cabin, you'll be able to see an amazing rock formation in the back and a spectacular view of distant mountains in the front. If there is a full moon, you'll have a front-row seat of a Kentucky moon while enjoying the hot tub at night. With so much tranquility surrounding this home, you're sure to feel rejuvenated by the end of your vacation.
-- THE LOCATION --
While you'll love relaxing at this cozy mountain cabin, you'll still want to venture out and take advantage of this home's amazing location. Endless hiking and rock climbing opportunities can be found in the surrounding area.
The famous Nada Tunnel entrance to the Red River Gorge is just 10 minutes away from the property, so be sure to head that way for countless hiking trails, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sight-seeing, bird-watching and numerous opportunities for photography!
Drive through to see the Red River, countless varieties of trees, flowers, plants, and outcroppings of rocks – or stop to hike or catch sight of deer, turkeys, and other wildlife. For a memorable experience, hike to the famous swinging bridge over the Red River, located upriver from the Jump Rock and Swimming Hole.
Natural Bridge State Resort Park features the Natural Bridge, a million-years-old sandstone arch, which is accessible by hiking up and down the huge mountain or by taking a slow, easy ride on the sky lift. Additionally, at the Hemlock Lodge at Natural Bridge, there is an enormous outdoor pool, kiddie pool and picnic area that everyone is sure to enjoy from Memorial Day to Labor Day. For water activities, like fishing, kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddleboarding, make your way to nearby Mill Creek Lake.
See the mountains from a whole new perspective when you go zip lining over the treetops for a challenging thrill in Cliffview, or drive through the Gorge to the family-friendly zip line spot in Frenchburg, where everyone from kids to grandpa can have a ball!
If you’re looking for even more thrills, visit Southeast Mountain Guides for world-famous rock climbing and rappelling! Both offer lessons and guided climbs.
Kids will love the Reptile Zoo, while teenagers will jump on the opportunity to visit the Thrillsville obstacle course in nearby Slade. Thrillsvills also offers kayaking through a 100-year-old limestone cave and a putt-putt golf that kids - and even the grandparents - will enjoy.
If you love horseback riding, Whispering Valley Riding Trails are just 35 minutes away in Beattyville, where you will see waterfalls, ponds, rock outcroppings as you ride under the canopy of trees. The views are sure to be amazing!
Great restaurants are also nearby! Be sure to check out Miguel’s Pizza, a classic restaurant that has been around for 30 years, Red River Rockhouse, a newer restaurant owned by young rock climbers, and Sky Bridge Station, which features gourmet hot dogs and beer on tap.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, impeccable design, wine cellar, steam shower, private hot tub, electric fireplace in the king loft bedroom, wet bar, pool table, outdoor fire pit, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, charcoal grill, and much more!
- Fresh linens, towels, paper goods and basic supplies - All you'll need to bring is food, seasonings, charcoal if you want to cook out, and your beverage of choice!
- Fantastic Red River Gorge location - easy access to hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, mountain biking, rock climbing, golf, fly fishing, festivals, horseback riding, shopping, local restaurants, and cafes!
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that this property on the highest part of the mountain in Birch Hollow, so 4-wheel drive is highly recommended
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. We make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most-requested amenity, However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area, and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings, and area adventures during your stay. *
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Master Bedroom||King|| |
|Bedroom 2||Queen|| |
|Lofted Bedroom||King|| |
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|