Framed by soaring cliffs and beautiful arches, the Red River Gorge swells with tourists who seek great views, endless hiking, and world-class rock climbing. There is so much to discover off the beaten path. With so many trails of unspoiled backcountry, you’re going to have quite the appetite after a day of discovery.
After you enjoy a day of exploring, refuel at these best restaurants in Red River Gorge. These local establishments are nestled in the mountains and come with amazing views and even better company.
- Miguel’s Pizza – A staple for rock climber’s and hikers, Miguel’s offers handmade crust and homemade sauce with up to 45 pizza toppings – all local farm fresh. Check out their gluten-free crust and dairy-free cheese. Not in the mood for pizza? Miguel’s offers pasta, bean, or potato bowls in addition to sandwiches.
- Local’s favorite – We suggest cheese pizza with all the fixin’s, and their French Toast for breakfast is a must try!
- Visit www.miguelspizza.com
- Red River Rockhouse – The Rockhouse specializes in grass-fed burgers, tacos, burritos, kale and spinach salad, and delicious veggie burgers. Wash it down with tap beer, wine, and bourbon. Our Creekview Cabins are located right next door! You can’t beat that. https://stayovernow.com/creekview-cabins
- Local’s favorite – We suggest the BLT with sweet potato fries!
- Visit www.redriverrockhouse.com
- La Cabana – THE premier mexican restaurant in the heart of Red River Gorge. The recent remodel/add-on has added additional seating. The huge plus? You can bring your dog!
- Local’s favorite – The Hillybilly Quesadilla
- Visit https://www.lacabanaofslade.com
- Hop’s -Hop’s is a quaint speak-easy with a great selection of craft beer and tasty food! This unique restaurant made from storage-containers offers a fun, yet, relaxed vibe post-hike or climb.
- Local’s favorite – Try the vegan jack fruit barbecue sandwich!
- Connect with Hop’s on Facebook for more info! Hop’s | Campton KY | Facebook
- Redpoint BBQ – Enjoy amazing food and craft cocktails with a view and an amazing atmosphere! You definitely won’t be traveling home hungry after your handcrafted and locally sourced meal.
- Local’s favorite – We suggest the brisket, with broccoli salad and mac & cheese. yum!
- Visit www.redpointbbq.com